cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PDXPat Tutor
Tutor
17 15 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

E9150T - Windows 7 Media Center - IR Hardware Not Detected

Hello.  I completed the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 earlier today.

While the upgrade went OK, Media Center can no longer access the IR Hardware for some reason.

I consistently get the error message IR Hardware Not Detected.

I did not do ANYTHING with the hardware prior or after the upgrade.

I am running on an E9150T and I believe the IR is eHome Infrared Receiver via USB.

Any help is appreciated as I have not found anything googling for the last couple of hours.

PDXPat

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PDXPat Tutor
Tutor
17 15 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Problem appears to be solved.  Not sure which of the following solved it, but I performed the following two tasks:

1. Plugged a second IR device into the second port of the IR Blaster.  It was previously empty.  This alone did not solve the problem.

2. Rebooted the system.

3. Went through a detailed set up / configuration of Media Center rather than a more simple one.

Viola!  The IR Blaster appears to be working now. . .

PDXPat

0 Kudos
redlands Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ive been working on this for 2 weeks -- spent 200 dollars -- was told by hp online chat to buy another tv tuner -- well i get it from hp -- it didnt solve the -- ir hardware not detected   problem -- i was told by another hp online chat  that i bought the wrtong tv tuner --  i had to buy another one --  well this didnt solve the problem -- so 200 dollars spent -- lots of hours online - on the phone -- promised emails and return phone-calls --  HP didnt keep their promise bt emailing back -- returning phone calls - that they promised --  had  to put up with people on the phone i couldnt hear or understand - that didnt speak English very well --  i bought my Hp elite 9452 in dec 2008 cause it had a tv tuner/wiondows media -- but has only worked for a short time --  i know am not the only person with this problem -- ive seen people with problems back several years --  cant this problem be solved  --  oh the 2nd tv tuner - bought - when i was sent it -- hp forgot to put the  installation cd - with drivers --  called to get it and was given the run-around -- transferred back n forth -- waiting on the phone for a long time --  still dont have it ----  no one on hp wants to send it  --- 2 tv tuners  200 dollars -- problem not solved  --  help

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation