cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gefara
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Enable on board video card

HP Recommended

I have HP pro3500 G2 Microtower PC  with 3rd-gen Core-i3 chips and Windows 7 64 bit and graphic card HP Radeon HD8570. The question is wen wi connect dedicated graphic card turns off mother board graphic card how to enable it? On the bios no place as Primary Video Adapter or something like that.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Yodamin
Level 2
9 7 2 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
hhhmmmm...in windows is the onboard graphics card showing in device manager? Is it disabled? Is the add-on graphics card still installed physically or in windows?

Not.enough information provided to even know what your issue is. Do u want to reenable the onboard because the dedicated is not worling? Do you want to enable the onboad card and use two of them..Nvidia wil do this..use one as main graphics and the other as physx graphics..even if they are differnt cards..not sure if radeon is compatible or has similar technology because I nvidia graphics cards.

Provide more info please.
what is the situation?
Is something broken?
Do u want to use 2 graphics cards?

We're tekky people not mind readers 🙂

As far as I know you should be able to enable/disable onboard devices via the BIOS.

J

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> ... When we connect dedicated graphic card, it turns off motherboard graphic card

> how to enable it?

> On the BIOS, no place [to set] Primary Video Adapter

That is a limitation of the motherboard -- whenever an add-in graphic adapter is detected, the onboard graphics device is automatically disabled.

You will need to purchase an add-in graphic adapter that supports "dual display" screens.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation