cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ptakdrozdak
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Encountering BSOD (Page fault in a nonpaged area)

HP Recommended
Z230 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I am repeatedly encountering the BSOD on my Z230 Workstation (Windows 8.1 Pro 64), system saying “There was a problem with the computer and it needs to be restarted” (screenshot attached). Restart never happens, need to do a hard reset. It does not happen after or during the start up, computer appears to work normally for several hours, then it just dies.
Any idea, please?

IMG_0247.JPGThank you.
Jan

2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 865 75 131
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Too many ways this can happen.  you can try to pinpoint the issue by checking what the crush dump shows. i have used Bluescreenview to see what was at the top of the heap when Windows crashed

Assuming the hardware is NOT the problem and the issue shows up sporadically, i would make sure you have the latest BIOS and drivers, and Windows updates

I recommend the use of HP SDM ( Softpaq Download manager - www.hp.com/go/sdm ) to update the system. When it runs and downloads the latest catalog,

* select 'check for updates' tab - if not the default when you run SDM
    * install auto-checkmarked drivers, NOT the BIOS, at this point
        it may occasioanly suggest 2 versions of dirvers - select the latest one only
    * install any other (ONLY) drivers that show as Not Installed + Essential System Updates softpaq
    * select BIOS update (if needed) by itself and Install
DO NOT SHUTDOWN if the laptop beeps a few times during the BIOS update !!! Let it continue to final Reboot

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ptakdrozdak
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi soccer_dan,

Okay, will try SDM, many thanks!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation