cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rpletts Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Endless Recovery Loop - Win 8

I'm reinstalling Windows 8 on an Envy h8-1417c. After the initial load sequence completes, I get an error message "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and  then restart the installation." This error appears on every attempt to load the OS. I cannot find any hardware issues. Any ideas of where to start troubleshooting? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
6,684 6,075 339 866
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi rpletts,

Happy to help you with your issue. Are you reinstalling from the original installation disk or using recovery disks?

I did find some information while researching your issue. Here is a link to a third-party website that has a fix for this issue.

http://heresjaken.com/the-computer-restarted-unexpectedly-or-encountered-an-unexpected-error-during-...

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
rpletts Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That's a winner! Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation