Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tobin0817 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Envy 23 TouchSmart All-in-One PC will not boot up after firmware update was downloaded

Envy 23 TouchSmart All-in-One

My Envy 23 TouchSmart All-in-One PC asked to update the firmware the other day, so I said yes.  It seemed like the update never fully downloaded or completed.  Now, when I try to turn on the computer, it comes up with the following error " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart."  It then goes into a HP logo screen and says " Preparing Automatic Repair", then "Diagnosing your PC", then Blue screen with "Automatic Repair" header "Your PC did not start correctly.  Press "restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem.  You can also press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC."

I had a restore USB drive made when I bought the computer 3 years ago, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12921 895 1331
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Envy 23 TouchSmart All-in-One PC will not boot up after firmware update was downloaded

Hi! @tobin0817, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that your PC will not boot after the firmware update.

Please try performing diagnostics from F2.

1. Press Esc during power on to interrupt booting and display "Startup" menu.

2. Press F2 or select Diagnostic from the menu to execute a diagnostic test.

Run system and component tests on your PC. And provide me the results.

Also, you can try rolling back BIOS to factory settings.

Follow this link to know more details: http://hp.care/2bFYKkT

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! :) 

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation