Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SoulEngine Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 700-327c drivers for Windows 7

Hello 

I am looking for all the Windows 7 drivers for my new 700-327c.

The driver page does not have anything there.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100632 13892 21345
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see this related thread which should work for you as the PC's have pretty much the same hardware.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/HP-Pavilion-500-129ea-remove-Windows8-and-install-Wind...

The only thing that may be different is the wireless card.

if you let me know what model wireless card your PC has, I can see what I can find that would work.

Also read the whole thread because the Intel chipset driver I originally posted didn't work.

Use the chipset driver I posted toward the bottom of the thread.

Make your set of W8 recovvery media first before proceeding to install W7.

0 Kudos
SoulEngine Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay...

The Wireless card is It is a Ralink RT3290 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100632 13892 21345
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
MumblingFumbler Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Started with an out-of-box 700-327c from Costco. Added a Samsung 500GB SSD. Installed Windows 7 64-bit from scratch on SSD. The HP hardware for this system is good, but the fact that HP doesn't provide baseline driver set is a major annoyance, unnecesary, and inexcusable. The rest of the HP customer support (like documentation) for this system is abysmal as well.

I suggest the following steps for scratch Windows 7 installation:

1) Install the Ethernet driver first, using the above link

2) Let Windows provide updates to drivers and OS, as much as it can.

After I did that, the only drivers I was missing were the SM bus driver and the USB 3.0 driver. The recommended chipset driver (even the one at the end of the post) didn't work for me. The installation complained that there was an OS incompatibility.

I found ones that did work here:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

So I have to go to a competitor to find proper drivers?

My system seems to be fully functional now, but I think next time I'll be tempted to just buy an Asus desktop and save myself the pain involved in being an HP customer.

0 Kudos
Cheetah64d Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, that's exactly the same computer I've bought, also from Costco...

Now, which file exactly did you d/l to fix the problem?

There're multiple files over there to download...

And yes, HP is certainly annoying with all this process. 

0 Kudos
MumblingFumbler Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In order to bootstrap your way to current drivers, install the realtek ethernet driver first.

It can be found here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

If you are installing drivers for Window 7 64-bit, download the driver described in the first row of the table

(Version 7.086)

Once you have a working Internet connection, run Windows update until it reports that there are no more updates.

At this point you should only be missing the Intel Chipset and the USB 3.0 drivers. You can get those from the

Asus site:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

The Envy 700-327c uses a Pegatron Mobo, but the H87-Plus uses the same H87 Intel Chipset, and the drivers

seem to work for the HP. There are not currently drivers for the H87 chipset on Intel's site.

When you get done, check the Device Manager to make sure there are no exclamation points indicating

missing drivers.

0 Kudos
Cheetah64d Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First, thanks for the detailed answer.

Now - the first problem I got is that Windows Update isn't responding.

This is the message I got with Windows Update:

Beside that - which thanks for the link to the Asus MoBo, but still - which file ecxatly should I d/l over there?

My guess is that this is the "Intel Chipset Driver V9.4.0.1016 for Windows Win7 64bit---(WHQL)." to Win7 64bit file, but I want to be sure before I installing the wrong file..

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
LS2014 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need to add SSD drive too. Can you tell me where you got the hardware and cables? Manual linked for this machine shows different hardware.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
23 0 2
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have added an SSD to my envy 700-327c. If you have not yet purchased it, some come with an adapter kit to get it to fit in the slot. I took screws from other areas like the power supply as they seemed special and replaced the power supply screws with others I had. Don't know why they don't give spare anymore?

Intel has software that helps with "Trim" and checks out the drive regularly. I have purchased 5 drives within the last year for various Windows 7 computers and all are still running OK.

If you have the drive and it did not include the adapter hardware you can get them from many places. I have gotten them at Frys and Amazon.

The Power and signal cable can be purchased at most places that sell computer parts including the above mentioned stores, just ask for the Solid State Drive cables. You can also check BestBuy & staples.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation