Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BootEnvy Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 700-414 boot disc . How do I obtain a physical disc?

Is there somewhere to request the disc? Msg.   Secure boot violation

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1395
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 700-414 boot disc . How do I obtain a physical disc?

@BootEnvy

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I read your post and understand that you have an HP ENVY Desktop - 700-414 and need the recovery media to reinstall Windows, is that correct? I also read that you get a message about secure boot violation. Maye I can help.

For ordering recovery media, you may order them online via this link: http://hp.care/2gFQkrr (look out for USB-Windows 8.1 64-bit Recovery Kit). Another option is to order the recovery media via HP phone support. Please fill out an online form to reach phone support. 

To disable secure boot violation message you could disable secure boot in BIOS and enable Legacy Boot. You may want to disable Secure Boot in order to install new hardware or boot from a CD or DVD. Follow these steps to disable Secure Boot:

• Turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press F10 repeatedly, about once every second, until the Computer Setup Utility opens.

• Use the left and right arrow keys to select the Security menu, then use the up and down arrow keys to select Secure Boot Configuration, and then press Enter.

Figure: Secure Boot Configuration selection in the Security window

Secure Boot Configuration selection in the Security window

• The Secure Boot Configuration warning displays. Press F10 to continue.

Figure: Secure Boot Configuration window

Secure Boot Configuration window

• Use the up and down arrow keys to select Secure Boot, then use the left and right arrow keys to change the setting to Disable.

Figure: Secure Boot Configuration window

Secure Boot Configuration window

• Use the up and down arrow keys to select Legacy Support, then use the left and right arrow keys to change the setting to Enable.

• Press F10 to accept the changes.

• Press F10 again, then press Enter twice to restart the computer.

Figure: Save Changes and Exit selection

Save Changes and Exit selection

• As soon as the computer starts, a message appears indicating that the boot mode has changed.

Figure: Boot mode change message

Boot mode change message

• Type the four-digit code shown in the message, then press Enter to confirm the change.No text field displays for the code. This is expected behavior. When you type the numbers, the code is logged without a text field. 

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for any further assistance. Cheers! :)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation