Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
johnjpas34 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Envy 750-197c won't connect via HDMI

Envy 750-197c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All: recently bought HP Envy 750-197c with dual HDMI, along with LG LED Monitor 24m47. For the life of me, I cannot get the computer to dispaly when connected via HDMI. I've tried different HDMI cords, connected other peripherals via HDMI to the monitor without any issues, and even tried connecting the computer to 2 different TVs via HDMI but nothing. 

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot get my computer to dispaly via HDMI on my monitor? Any help at this point would be great. Running Windows 10. 

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
7771 449 839
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi there @johnjpas34,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having an issue with getting a display connected with HDMI to come up. I am happy to help with this.

First, check out this: HP Desktop PCs - Connecting Monitors and TVs to Your PC (Windows 10, 8).

Then be sure you have the drivers for the display installed. If there are not drivers specific to Windows 10, then try installing the older drivers using compatibility mode in Windows 10/

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Jwest13 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

@johnjpas34
I literally just figured this out, and I had the same problem. I plugged in my hdmi cord into one of the two slots that towards the bottom of my computer and didn't think anything of it. But if you look up to about the middle of the tower you should notice another hdmi port. I plugged mine into that and it instantly came on.
0 Kudos
scotmdjt1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Yah same, I have the GTX 970 graphics card in my 750 Desktop and for some reason the two HDMI ports towards the bottom of the computer doesn't work, but in the middle where the graphics card is located the HDMI/Display Ports work there. I was wondering is that by design or a missing driver issue that the two HDMI ports doesn't work?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation