Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy desktop 750-437b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Just got the PC 2 weeks ago and when I boot up, it the screen will flicker and then lock up completely. I will have to restart the pc and it will happen again. Screen will have black lines going across it.

It was running fine for over a week. When I am able to before it does lock up at times, I have ran a Chkdsk with no errors, and a virus scan and no viruses.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

Is your PC an Envy 750-437cb? Could not find 750-437b model.

Boot PC, tap "ESC", then run all UEFI hardware diagnostics on PC.

The steps below can only be done if you can get to Windows 10 and have time to try them before it freezes. If PC is locking up and not able to start windows the only thing I can think is to do a reset or HP factory reinstall of windows 10.

You are seeing a video problem (maybe hardware or driver) as symptom. That may or may not be the problem but I would start there.

What graphics card do you have? I would check HP, Intel, Nvidia, or AMD sites for latest driver and update if a newer version is available or try previous version if latest driver is installed on your pC. It is possible Windows 10 may have updated your PC with a Windows 10 version of graphics driver without you knowing it.

Check Windows updates in Settings to see if this happened. Try latest HP driver or manufacturer driver version instead of Windows version if you see a graphics update in Windows Update History.

A new PC should not do this. Maybe think of return PC option (refund/exchange) if still possible.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Thanks for the response. Tried the drivers, no luck. And here is what is weird too. I have now even tried to do a factory reset and it won't even let me do that. I get the same issue when it is in the final stages of the software installation.

Looks like a PC return now.
HP Recommended

Hello

You have a hardware problem if you can't  do a factory reset.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.