Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
So I've been trying to fix the looping error. I have gone through the forums and tried every possible method. Secure mode, BIOS, diagnostic. The diagnostic said my hard drive 1 is in error also. Almost every method tells me to use recovery disc. I don't have one. I've been trying to fix this for 3 days. I've told my parents (I'm 15 and below average in computer knowledge). If anyone knows what to do, please help me.
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, please provide your PC's product number. Do not include the serial number.

Don't disclose personal information in any forum you participate in.

Please provide more information and details on what diagnostic test(s) you performed and the exact error message you received.

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos, Thumbs Up" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" to assist other forum users having a similar problem.

HP Recommended
Product No. H3Z76AA#ABA
HP Recommended

Hi,

Need details on diagnostic errors.

Jaco

HP Recommended
Diagnostic tests (HP Advanced System Diagnistics) start-up test, run-in test, and system tune up. The errors I recieve are Failure error C0190005, then it goes to failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes. Then it sometimes goes to configuring windows 35% and it starts all over again. Other times it does recovery and it ends up on a blue screen with a sad emoticon. Then it disappears in a second.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you running boot time UEFI diagnostic tests?

Are you attempting to upgrade to Win 8.1?

Do you recover to Win 8 after a failed Win 8.1 upgrade?

Having a problem zeroing in on what is happening here.

Jaco

HP Recommended
I apologize. I'm in a bit of a nutshell. For the first question, I did those at 11:00, and it told me hard drive 1 failed the tests. The next two questions, no. I just turned it on Sunday morning. And this happened. But I think the problem I caused was that the printer was barely connecting to computer and I turned it off. I did a refresh for the computer and it deleted...I guess the printer's information?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am sorry but I cannot help you with the information provided.

Maybe another forum member can.

Jaco

HP Recommended
Thank you for trying.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.