Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
cdogg30 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error: No boot disc has been detected or the disc has failed.

HP Envy h8-1569
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello.

I have been trying come up with a solution for this issue for awhile and am at my wits end.

After upgrading my PC:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03685096

...to Windows 10 a few months ago, my PC will randomly not boot (more often than not) and I will receive the following error message upon booting:

I then have to manually shut down the PC.

When I select F10 upon booting and enter through the bios and simply select "ignore changes and exit" the PC will then load normally.

It happens seemingly at random. Sometimes I can restart the PC a couple times in a row without issues. Typically I have to go through the bios though and I avoid powering down the PC at all if I can.

I have done numerous tests on the hard disks and they have all passed. I have checked the connections from the HD to the motherboard and there are no issues there. I flashed the bios to the newest version as well. I tried downgrading as well as refreshing Windows to no avail.

Help?

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19355 19312 1262 2028
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi There @cdogg30,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand from your post that you have an issue with the “No boot disc has been detected or the disc has failed” error message

Since you have tried bios defaults, running test on the hard drive, checking the connections from the hard drive to the motherboard, flashing the bios as well as downgrading the Operating system and still it comes up with the same error message.

I would recommend you try running an extensive test on the hard drive (which would normally take 120mins) using F2 Hardware diagnostics or from F10 bios – DPS self-test.

If the test fails, contact phone support for hardware replacement.
(Should be free, if your computer is under factory warranty)

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please keep me posted.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation