Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ElReg Tutor
Tutor
16 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Error after Windows 10 Anniversary update

Sprout
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just installed the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade.

Wneh I tried to Scan a document, selected document scan, it tried  for a while and came up with the following error:

Request to capture Moment failed with new HPPC_RESULT value as [1.829.88a.0] (GET_FRAME_TIME_OUT)

I installed the Sprout Workstation update to no avail, I still get this error, cannot scan documents.

Any idea Guys???

Thanks,

4 REPLIES
Intern Intern
Intern
19 1 3
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

** Repost from another tread on same subject

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition is not yet supported on Sprout as there are a couple of unresolved issues that impact the user experiance. So it is currently being blocked by Microsoft Windows update until our next Workspace Update is available in the very near future.

basically the error you are seeing is one of the outstanding issues that the new Workspace release will address, so please sit tight and check back via HPSA or support.hp.com for this release.

Regards,

Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
0 Kudos
ElReg Tutor
Tutor
16 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

Hi Guys,

Any news on the new Workspace release ??

My SPROUT scanner still does not work.

I was going to revert to the previous Windows 10 version but I have a feeling that it will cause a bigger problem.

Please advise if you have an ETA on the Workspace release.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
73 1 33
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

I'm having the same problem, and I think we just have to wait it out.

The downward camera does not work, which is the source of the problem.  A number of web sites have talked about webcams being rendered inoperative after the Anniversary update.  Someone posted a fix that involves editing the Windows registry.  That might fix the scan problem, but ...

Microsoft made some changes to the camera drivers that were supposed to fix some potential problems, and it all backfired.  Its been said that they are working on a fix that will be out sometime in September.

I don't work for anyone, and I am not responsible for anything I say.  Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
19 1 3
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

@jimsprout is correct, we are victims of the Win 10 Anni Ed. USB camera bug in DirectShow. So waiting on MS to publish this update that has an ETA of mid-end of Sept.

Sorry for any inconvieniance and  thank you for your patience

~Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation