cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

Error message: "Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC90"

HP Recommended

Every time I try to check my email after my monitor has been to sleep, I get the following message. When I try again I connect OK. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
....................................................................................................

Unable to send or receive messages for the jeffandjudi account. The email server returned an error.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Cannot connect to POP server 212.159.9.81 (212.159.9.81:110), NB connect error 1460
Server: 'mail.plus.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC90
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

My ISP says the problem is with my equipment!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jeffandjudi,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 🙂

I see that you are having problems accessing your e-mail with an error code, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution!

Since the given error code pertains to Microsoft, I recommend following this thread on Windows mail error code 0x800ccc90. This should help identify the cause of this error with your e-mail.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MechPilot,

Followed the thread you suggested.  Looked like two entries may be relevent, which I investigated and actioned.

1. Disable Avast Mail Shield, and left it disabled for two days.  Has NOT cured the problem.

2. Sign off from the Mail Server direct.  Did this, but this did not make any difference either.

Most problems on the "thread" do not seem to relate to Windows7 !

Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again jeffandjudi,

Thank you for the quick reply!

So that I can better ascertain the environment of your computer, I will need to ask you a few questions:

• What is the Product and Model Number of your computer and monitor?
  • Is your monitor connected to your desktop with a VGA, DVI or HDMI cable?
  • What kind of router are you using to connect to the Internet?
  • Has your computer completed all of its important Windows Updates?

In the meantime, I recommend following these steps to examine the incoming and outgoing Internet data to your computer:

1. Press the Windows Key + R
  2. Type the word cmd and then "OK"
  3. In the command prompt window, type the command netstat /a

Please post back how many connections there are in total, and how many of them are "listening".

Reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490947.aspx

Please re-post with the necessary information, and I look forward to your reply!

Have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MechPilot,

Information requested is as follows:

Product number - LN855EA#ABU

Model number - CQ1030UK

Monitor connection is DVI

Router - Thompson TG585 v7

Windows updates are all completed. (Computer set to "automatic updates")

Incoming and outgoing data information as follows:

TCP established - 8

TCP listening - 42

UDP - 111

Hope this is helpful.

Best Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again jeffandjudi,

Thank you for providing your information!

I have conducted further research into both error code 1460 and 0x800CCC90, and I have uncovered this document on NB connect error 1460 due to Avast using port 25. This should help re-connect you back to your mail service.

If the issue remains, I would recommend contacting Avast's support department to further investigate these error messages with their program.

Best regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
Level 2
29 29 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to test out if the settings are correct and your IP is not blacklisted, the best way would be to check with Thunderbird and see if the mail works on it. You may follow this guide to get around Fixing 0x800ccc90

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, but I got fed up with the problem, so I got around it by changing my Antivirus from "Avast" to "AVG", and I have not had problems since.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
29 29 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You did it right - Avast! also results in blocking several other apps, i do not recommend it due to it's complexity.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had this problem every so often. The solution is simple. I shut off the power at my surge protector. Wait at least 15 seconds, and then turn on the power at the surge protector, turn on the computer (tower), and everything should be back to normal.

I have no idea what causes the problem, but this is a sure fix.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation