cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
apivec Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ethernet Controller Driver

Product: p7-1280t

I recently completely reimaged my parent's computer because they had managed to get so many viruses on it.  Unfortunately, they lost the reinstall disks.  So they had to buy a new copy of windows 7 64 bit.  I've installed windows 7 64 bit but I am now having trouble locating the device drivers.  

I recently completely reimaged my parent's computer because they had managed to get so many viruses on it.  Unfortunately, they lost the reinstall disks.  So they had to buy a new copy of windows 7 64 bit.  I've installed windows 7 64 bit but I am now having trouble locating the device drivers.  

The motherboard model number is p7-1280t (according to system manager).  I located this model on the HP website and tried installing those drivers (by accessing the internet from another computer, saving the files to a disk and opening them on my parent's HP computer).  None of the drivers work.  Each time I try this it says that my system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update.  I'm not sure why it says update because I'm downloading what appear to be the original drivers.  In either event it appears that the devices on my system are incompatible with the drivers available on the HP website.  

I next attempted to search by the hardware ID of the Ethernet controller.  The ID is 

pci ven_10ec&dev_8168&subsys 2ac2103c&rev_06 hp

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked out.  

All I really need is the ethernet controller.  Once I can get this computer online, I can probably figure the rest out (video card, et al.)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4379 4360 404 627
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download the driver from the Realtek site, second from the top

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
GoodwillTech Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Works great on updating the built-in driver on an AP5000 dated from 2009....

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation