cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alang10721
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ethernet issue

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-a114

Hello,

I have an ethernet plug, both lights are solid, yellow and green, its plug into my router. As per my cable company, it is not working, I was told to check in Setting, Network and Internet section and there is no Ethernet opinion, only Status, Wi-Fi, Dial-up, VPN, Airplane mode, Mobile hotspot, Data usage and Proxy.

Since there is a Ethernet plug in the back and the lights are on, isn't it supposed to work or is something turned off that is suppoed to be on or do I need somekind of software to get it working, please help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Alang10721
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just received an email to call Tech Help 1-877-210-0840, I did and explained the issue and was told that they can resolve the issue for $ 300.00. Are you kidding, the computer cost $400.00 new.

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,570 90,447 11,630 24,925
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alang10721

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Both lights should be flashing, not solid. Your machine uses

and your router probably has 1000Mb/s or 1Gb/s ports therefore please try to set Auto negotiation for the network card on your computer:

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR-B1-UP_1.00_for_Intel_B1_UP_platform/Intel/LAN/v18.8/PRO100/DOCS/DESKTOP...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation