Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Digital_Alex Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Extra HDMI ports not working

HP Envy 750-129ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey guys, hope your all well.
So recently I got an extra display to plug into my hp envy 750-129ns so I can use an extended display. The problem is that the only 2 hdmi ports avalible are the ones located at the bottom, I think where the sound things are, and they don't do anything when I plug my display hdmi into them. My video card has only one hdmi port, and the other 3 are just DisplayPorts not hdmi. The screen and cable work fine as when I plug it into this it works. The problem is I need another port to plug my other display into.

Is their any reason why these 2 extra hdmi ports are not working? The has a little plastic protector cap plugged into them. Are they just optional extensions that I'd have to get installed, Or am I missing some drivers?

Thanks for any help,

Alex
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9373 9370 871 2514
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Extra HDMI ports not working

The two HDMI ports that are next to the other motherboard ports are from the Integrated video.  Those do not working if there is a video card inserted.

note:

Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

It might be advisable to use a Display port adapter to HDMI
OR use a DVI to HDMI adapter.  Some of those might not work properly, so do some research first.
{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation