Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (8,889 Views)

Factory Settings on HP monitor

I played with the settings without knowing what I was doing.  I'd just like the reset the monitor back to factory settings and I cannot find anything that lists them.  (HP w2338h).  I tried disconnecting from both power and computer over night in the hopes that they would reset--nope.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 4 (8,888 Views)

Re: Factory Settings on HP monitor

[ Edited ]
A google search for w2338h factory settings turns up the HP page for the w1858 and w2338h monitors, which says that there is a Factory Reset in the menu.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (8,870 Views)

blargg, thank you--you're fabulous.  I'm embarrassed as I did a google search, but I probably went right past that one.  I was looking for how to change the setting in Windows back to factory settings as that's where I was messing with them.  I'd never paid attention to the buttons on the bottom of my monitor.  :-)   

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (3,965 Views)

The number on my monitor says HP 2011X where would I find the directions to reset it. 

The clock/date/time disappeard from the bottom of the screen and I have tominimise all pages to see the "X'S" and "-"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation