Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Factory reset

HP Recommended
Compaq Presario SR19655AP
Microsoft Windows XP
Hi i have the following:Compaq Presario SR1955P
I want to factory reset my computer but the f10 key does not work at boot menu
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,088 10,084 946 2,766
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot seem to find anything on that model number, however being that it has WinXP on it, it must be old.  If you are not using the original keyboard, which most likely was a PS/2, and are using a USB keyboard, that might explain why the F10 key does not work.  Try finding a PS/2 keyboard and try the F10 on boot again.

It could be the Recovery Manager or the Recovery Partition has been damaged.  In which case you will need the Recovery disk set to run the Recovery.  If the PC will boot, then you can make the Recovery disk set, assuming it was not made before, or

Do the following actions to create the set of recovery discs:
  1. Connect the computer to the AC power adapter.
  2. Click Start, click All Programs, select System Recovery, and click Create Recovery Discs.
    The PC Recovery Disc Creator utility displays a message indicating the type and number of media discs required.
  3. Verify the required number of media discs is available.
  4. Click Next to begin the actual copying process.
    When prompted, remove each written disc and insert a blank disc.
  5. Label each disc, in the sequence it was created, as prompted.

There was a method for creating the disk set from the F10 or F11 during startup, but since the keyboard does not work for that, it won't help.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation