Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Factory reset

HP Recommended
Touch smart 520-1110ea
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Problem started a few months ago with message imminent Hard Drive failure.

I have swapped out the factory installed Seagate 500GB Hd for a WD 1TB HD and also bought recovery discs from the link on the HP website.

To date I am getting anything ranging from error code: 0xe0ef000e to hard drive of the computer is smaller than the original shipped HD. The recovery process cannot continue.

Several times have got to a point where I seem to be making progress but then after numerous prompts to insert the recovery discs and supplementary discs it throws the disc out.

All I'm trying to do is take the desktop back to square one with bigger storage space.

please help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,298 2,031
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you are unable to perform a factory reset using the recovery discs.

Has the hard drive registered correctly in BIOS setup?

If no then please update the BIOS and check that helps.

Update the BIOS using this link.

The error 0xe0ef000e is usually an indication that your Master Boot Record is corrupted, but as you have a new hard drive I believe in this case it is the recovery discs you are using. I recommend that you order a new copy of your recovery media which is still available for your computer. 

Link to contact HP.

Please let me know the outcome.

Happy Christmas! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation