cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Faulty mobo?

Pavilion p6142p
Microsoft Windows Vista

I recently acquired a toasted pc from a friend that wanted me to get it running. With the stock psu it turns on for a minute and shuts off again and automatically restarts. So I tried changing the psu with an evga 500w psu I had for a gaming build I'm trying to save up for and it still does the same thing,I've cleared CMOS twice,tried it without RAM does the same thing. It has the Pegatron M2N78-LA motherboard and was wondering if that was the issue. When it turns on it doesn't send any signal to the monitor,so that's kinda what I'm basing my guess off of.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Faulty mobo?

Hello @Tayntedgamer,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the desktop not starting, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that the desktop will power up briefly, and then restart.  I see that the display is blank during the process.

Have you tried connecting another display to the desktop, just to test it?  It may be possible that the issue is hardware related.  However, try reviewing the following document first, and let me know how it goes: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows Vista)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation