cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Raul712998
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint Scanner

HP Envy 15-ae105np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have one HP Envy 15-ae105np, which I bouth yesterday.

I have configured my fingerprint scanner and it was working just fine.

Today when I turned on my computer the scanner wasn't responding, it hasn't done any light.

I went to device manager and I went to the properties of the the fingerprint scanner and it was saying that is working fine.

I have also searched in options of start of session and the option of the fingerprint wasn't there.

I don't know what to do so I went here.

I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Raul

P.S. Sorry for bad english, I am portuguese.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,405
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint Scanner

Hi @Raul712998,

Welcome to the HP forums. It is a great place to get support and have questions answered by experts. I read your post about the fingerprint reader on your HP envy notebook not working correctly. I will be  delighted to assist you. You’ve done a brilliant job by checking in device manager to see if it is listed. Excellent job!

Please perform these steps to check if it works fine:

Please let me know if any windows update was done before this cropped up?

Hope this resolves the issue. Let me know how this goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"  button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

Take care and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation