cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
J3nny
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Flickering screen on Touchsmart 610

HP Recommended
Touch smart 610-1010UK Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

During the evening of 11-11-15 the screen flickering began. The mouse moves the cursor but nothing responds. F1, F8, F10 and F11 pressed repeatedly during start up do not bring up any screens.  I see others have similar screen flickering. Help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
J3nny
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved - On the Microsoft Forum it was thought that Windows Update KB3097877 on Windows 7 might have caused the flicker on PCs.  Windows have now pushed another version of KB3097877 to address this issue.   The good news for those whose PCs are set to automatic Windows Update is that all you have to do is switch your computer on and put up with the annoying flicker until the new update gives you the logon screen.

If any good came of this, it is that we should remember to backup regularly.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
rdhp
Level 2
19 17 0 4
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same exact problem. Many others as well. I am completely stuck. No restore points to go to also.

Antvan
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
F8, Esc, system recovery then system restore. Choose a restore point prior to the date you experienced the issue and this should fix the problem. This worked for me.
rdhp
Level 2
19 17 0 4
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no restore points to go to. It says none were created.  😞

Antvan
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try F8 then "Last Known Good Configuration" 🤔
J3nny
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Following yesterday's problem with a flickering screen, I tried to contact HP with my problem, before I could get a phone number, I had to fill out a form. I received a message saying my warrant had expired. I sent proof of my 5-year extended service plan (£369.99) but the response was that the warranty had expired - still no telephone number. What do I do now?

J3nny
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved - On the Microsoft Forum it was thought that Windows Update KB3097877 on Windows 7 might have caused the flicker on PCs.  Windows have now pushed another version of KB3097877 to address this issue.   The good news for those whose PCs are set to automatic Windows Update is that all you have to do is switch your computer on and put up with the annoying flicker until the new update gives you the logon screen.

If any good came of this, it is that we should remember to backup regularly.

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation