Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gianfranco41 Top Student
Top Student
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Floppy drive not detected by BIOS after upgrading

Pavillion P6129it
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I come back to a problem that I did not solve yet.

PC was perfectly operating also with a FDD of old type with ribbon cable connected to the proper connector on the Benicia motherboard and separate supply from PC power  wiring.

I updated the BIOS to the version 5.43 and the FDD was not anymore detected inspite of different settings of the BIOS that I tryed.

Disk "A" is not detected on W7 and W7 Device Manager is not showing hardware failures.

I have to remark that the BIOS updating have been done with ClamWinAntivirus, Malwarebytes and  SUPERantispyware still running.

Since v5.43 of AMI BIOS provides the settings for a FDD and the FD is operating ( tested in an other PC) I would like to find a solution in order to detect disk "A":

Is it possible to run a second time the v5.43 BIOS updating file,  with all antivirus off, without create damages?

is it possible that there would be some settings on the BIOS that I have not discovered?

Please give me a suggestion ( the solution of a FDD USB is the last chance, because the hardware was operating ).

Thanks.

Gianfranco41.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9394 9263 1238 3311
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Floppy drive not detected by BIOS after upgrading

The following might offer help to your almost two year old problem.  Then again, it's 2 years old here.

see this page : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07156

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation