Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Deukriely Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgot windows 7 login password, how to reset?

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I Forgot My Windows 7 User Login Password. Guest is disabled. What is the best way to reset my user account? PS: I didn't have a reset disk.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Provost Provost
Provost
15904 15848 1478 3529
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Deukriely

You need to Google for Trinity Rescue Kit, download the ISO file, and make a CD or USB stick from that. 

When you boot from that, it will give you the option to blank your password.

Once you have done that, you can then login to Windows and reset it.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Jeenies Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you type the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message. 1. Click Reset password, and then insert your password reset disk or USB flash drive. 2. Follow the steps in the Password Reset wizard to create a new password. 3. Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
0 Kudos
llamaths Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have prior experience with Ubuntu Live CD which needs some basic knowledge about Linux. For easy solution, UUkeys Windows Password Recovery is a nice one, which will guide you through to make a password reset disk with USB drive.

0 Kudos
Jeenies Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@llamaths wrote:

I have prior experience with Ubuntu Live CD which needs some basic knowledge about Linux. For easy solution, UUkeys Windows Password Recovery is a nice one, which will guide you through to make a password reset disk with USB drive.

I tried Ubuntu live cd but it didn't reset my password successfully, how about UUKeys windows password recovery? how to use it?

0 Kudos
llamaths Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jeenies wrote:

@llamaths wrote:

I tried Ubuntu live cd but it didn't reset my password successfully, how about UUKeys windows password recovery? how to use it?

It is a bit tricky to use Ubuntu Live CD as you should Linux command. So it is not a good choice for beginner. The easiest way is to use password reset disk, which needs to download recovery image and  a branded new USB drive. If you have both, then here is the tutorial: how to reset windows 7 password

Hope this helps. It also works on Windows 8 and Windows computer.

0 Kudos
Deukriely Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@llamaths wrote:

@Jeenies wrote:

@llamaths wrote:

I have prior experience with Ubuntu Live CD which needs some basic knowledge about Linux. For easy solution, iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery is a nice one, which will guide you through to make a password reset disk with USB drive.

I tried Ubuntu live cd but it didn't reset my password successfully, how about iSeePassword windows password recovery? how to use it?

It is a bit tricky to use Ubuntu Live CD as you should Linux command. So it is not a good choice for beginner. The easiest way is to use password reset disk, which needs to download recovery image and  a branded new USB drive. If you have both, then here is the tutorial: how to reset windows 7 password

thanks, i will try it, my USB flash is 4GB storage, i don't know if it is enough to create a reset disk.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15904 15848 1478 3529
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can NOT make a reset disk NOW -- that has to be made when you are able to login to Windows, and as you CLEARLY indicated in your first post, you do NOT have a reset disk!

I already provided you a solution in my response -- that will create a reset disk.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Bryanom Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@llamaths wrote:

@Jeenies wrote:

@llamaths wrote:

I have got Ubuntu Live CD to work. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation