cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kmitchell6
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Form Factor HDD Firebird 802

HP Recommended

Hello.  I am a happy Firebird 802 owner who has previously upgraded my RAM and now I am thinking about updating the hard drives.  Am I correct in thinking that there are 2 2.5 inch drives?  What compatibility issues do I need to look for? 

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dunsany
Level 4
76 75 5 12
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They are 2.5 inch 5400 rpm SATA laptop hard drives, probably SATA 3.0 Gb/s, but the newer SATA 6.0 Gb/s drives should work at the lower speed. 7200 rpm SATA drives also work. Physically, there is a lot of room in the Firebird's hard drive cages for thicker than normal 2.5 inch hard drives that might not fit in many laptops.

2 x HP Firebird 802 + 2 x HP 2159m monitor + Windows 7 Home Premium + Windows 8.1 Pro
GeForce Driver Version 266.58 WHQL installs correctly without modification.
GeForce Driver Version 296.10 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but Nvidia Control Panel is broken.
GeForce Driver Version 341.44 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but 2-way SLI is broken.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation