Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Freesync stops working after waking up from sleep

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 32 QHD monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All right, I found a weird bug regarding Freesync VS sleep mode... So to enable freesync you need to put the display into Gaming mode. When you to that, you see an actual prompt that says "AMD Freesync: ON" at the top. Then you enable it in the driver and you should be good to go.

However, when you set Gaming mode the brightness and contrast go to 75% each which is WAY too bright for my taste, so I lower it down to 25% and 50%. When I do that, the display changes from Gaming to a "personalized settings". Freesync still works perfectly fine, that is UNTIL the monitor goes to sleep... when it wakes up (no matter after how long), all my settings are preserved but freesync is DISABLED!!!!

In order to reenable it, I need repeat all my steps (OSD - gaming mode, lower brightness and contrast) EVERY TIME....

I also tested what happens if I change into gaming mode without changing any of the defaults afterwards: Freesync remains enabled after sleep. So the bug lies when you change any settings AFTER going into gaming mode....

I also tried installing the HP Display Assistant thinking I could at least control things without going into the OSD and sadly it cannot activate gaming mode, so I am stuck using the physical buttons on the OSD.

Otherwise this is the perfect display for the price, it has everything I was looking for and the resolution for this size is perfect at 100% scaling. If someone could help me out with this freesync bug I would be thrilled!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After a week more I tried different things, so far nothing seems to fix this problem.  The HP monitor application cannot control Display Mode, neither the image acceleration (from off to level 1-2-3).  It appears that when you set in Gaming mode, the acceleration goes to "1" but I'd rather keep it off so that's another change I have to do through the UI.  The HP application is useful only because I can restore a previously saved Brightness and Contrast settings but that's about it.

What's worse is that my OSD middle button is sort of "sticky" so it's even harder to navigate into the menu, and I fear that in the long run it might break because I constantly have to use the buttons to change mode.  Ususally the ODS is something you set once, and only use it to change input as needed.

I have another idea:  is there a way to access the service menu and change the Factory Default values for Contrast and Brightness of the Gaming mode?  That way I wouldn't have to change them afterward and maybe the display would remain in "Game" mode.  I guess I could live with the Level 1 acceleration if I can't change that default.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation