cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sswanner06
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Freezing

HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello-

I just purchased this computer at Christmas for the family and I am already having issues.  Currently and since I've taken it out of the box, it freezes.  This happens often, multiple times daily just trying to do simple things like playing generic games or watching Youtube.  The clock no longer keeps time on the monitor, can not move mouse or type on keyboard- NOTHING.  I've already done a system restore & had Windows 10 reinstalled with no resolve.  CPU is low so I know this isn't an issue.  I've read quite a bit & the only thing I can think of at this point is to box it back up & take it back.  Help- I know VERY LITTLE about computers!

Thank you   

6 REPLIES 6
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,811 454 848
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @sswanner06,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.  I understand that your computer is freezing on you with some frequency. I am happy to help with this, and I can certainly understand your frustration.

First, I would suggest that you make sure your syste m is up to date with its drivers. If you haven't already try using the HP Support Assistant.  It is a useful tool that will automatically look for newer available drivers, and can be used to look for other issues.
HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎

If you have already updated all of the drivers on the system and the issue remains, then does it seem to happen wheter you are on the internet or not? Depending on which it is, you can try the first page below if it happens even when offline, and the second if it more seems related to the internet.

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

HP PCs - Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow after Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10...

Give it a try and let me know the results. Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
JiminJax
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Might be nice to hear from ANYONE that has the Envy 750-114 and they do NOT have this issue!!!  Mine is a refurbished unit... but does the exact same thing as ALL of the posts are stating.  Why would HP send out a system like this that has this many issues??  Support will be contacting me tomorrow - I tried a number of things (keyboard/mouse wireless) and even tried another monitor but it ALL seems to point back to the machine. 

bpdtx29
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, i have the same model and mine is also a referb unit I was wondering if you ever got the problem fixed thank you

Jalsmiley
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes. I redid all the drivers. Uninstalled the Intel drivers n redid them and that fixed freezing issues
JiminJax
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ended up sending back to TigerDirect and requested a replacement (yes...took another chance on a refurbished). Thankfully, this one is working fine but I also bought a 2 year in-house repair contract... just in case... Only $129. Refurbished has a 90 day warranty...so send it back if it keeps freezing
Ruzy
Level 2
11 10 1 5
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and got it fixed. All you need to do is to update your BIOS (you first need to find out which version you need). Also, you have to get rid of "Intel® Ready Mode Technology" driver..

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation