cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Teacher
89 69 4 5
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Frequent Loud Fan Noise on HP Compaq PC

HP Compaq Presario SR5233
Microsoft Windows Vista

HP compaq presario SR5233 desktop, Vista Home Premium,   PentiumD 915 (P) DC 2.8 GHz

How to decrease this frequent, loud fan noise?

Let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Thank you so much.

Massachusetts

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
3798 3736 201 433
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having an issue with fan niose. I will be glad to help you.

Please follow the step from the folowing documents

Reducing Fan Noise (Windows Vista)

Computer Overheating Prevention

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
89 69 4 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tardis,

Thank you so much for all this information.  Will review all of it.

I can say that I don't think it has to do with overheating.

It may be with Power & amount of activity the computer can handle., because the whirring of the fan usually occurs when there is new activity by me opening a software or some similar activity.  

The whirring of fan may be anywhere from 5 - 15 seconds, perhaps depending on how much loading up and how many programs are open at same time.  So it's not an ongoing really long whirring.   But it is frequent with these time lengths.

If that prompts further thoughts, please let me know.

I'll try the instructions later today since computer is at home.

Thank you again!

massachusetts

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 3736 201 433
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @HP-CompaqPC,

What you just described is the hard drive sound. You may wish to backup all data to a cd or tumb drive.

Please keep me informed what happens.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation