Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dawgmommy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Front Audio / Headset Jacks Not Working

HP ENVY Desktop - 700-414
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello.

My audio / headset jacks on the front panel of my PC running Windows 8.1 will not work. I had the Beats Audio Panel installed and was using the IDT High Definition Audio Codec and had rear sound through my speakers only.

After checking your forum, I unistalled that driver (and Beats Audio) and installed the High Definition Audio Device driver only (no Beats Audio) and both rear jacks work.

So, I can get sound and recording in the rear, but not it the front.

I hope you can help me. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good Afternoon @Dawgmommy,

This is a great location for extra support! I see that you are having issues with the front sound not working. I would be glad to help you.

Try these documents to see if it will resolve the issue: 

To say thanks, you can click on the "Thumbs Up" and if the issue is resolved you can click on the "Accept as Solution" button. Please let me know the outcome. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Dawgmommy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Gemini02.

As I said, I had checked the forum before posting and tried the procedures you directed me to in your reply as well as various others. Nothing has worked. 

I will try to post screen shots of the sound properties with further details when I return to my PC later today. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dawgmommy,

You could do a chipset and bios update to see if that will resolve this issue.

Here is the link: HP ENVY Desktop - 700-414.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation