Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 7500 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.

Have an HP Elite 7500 MT desktop that I'd like to upgrade. 

I was thinking of installing a GTX 1050 TI 4GB Graphics Card (GV-N105TD5-4GD)

The physical dimensions should be alright, but after reading a lot about BIOS compatibility issues, I was wondering if I can in fact upgrade to this card with no issues? And would I need to change the power supply as well? 

My current specs are as follows

Z75 2AD5 Motherboard

I7-3770 CPU

2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz Memory

GT 630 2GB Graphics Card

300W Power Supply

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

BIOS on your machine is version 8.xx therefore the chance is very high but please check the following post

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Elite-7500-i7-3770-CPU-adding...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks. 

Found another post, where somebody had changed to a B500 Coolermaster PSU, and the graphics card to  a GTX9xx with no issues. 

Can't find the link again ofcourse.. Anyway, think I'm gonna go for it. Changing either to the B500 or B600 PSU, along with the GTX 1050 TI. 

HP Recommended

So I actually ended up installing a GTX 1060 graphic card and a new PSU. 

Went for

EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 

Corsair VS650 Power Supply

Everything works great. Both fit perfectly with the motherboard and chassis, and there were no issues installing the drivers or anything. 

Upgrade successful 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.