cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
eric323
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

GTX 1070 into Z820 Workstation

HP Recommended
Z820 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've tried to troubleshoot for 3 hours now without finding a solution, so I figured I could ask here for help.

I just bought a MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X for my HP Z820 Workstation. I removed my old card and installed this one with 1x 6 pin and 1x 8 pin. When I booted up, the cards LED's lighted up and the fans started. On my screen I do not get a signal, only black screen.

What I have done:

Checked different cables to screens; HDMI, Display Port, DVI - Same result
Changed settings in bios to Legacy Mode and turned off Safe Boot (System checking if hardware is installed with hardware ID)
Completly removed all video drivers with the tool ( Can't remember the name)
Tried all different PCI ports + changed settings in bios from automaticly detect version to PCIe3

Updated BIOS to latest version

I'm really out of options at this point.

Would appriciate all help :) 

Regards,
Eric

1 REPLY 1
Rob_Pleak
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Eric, I just got a refurbished Z820, and a GTX1060 to put in it, but I'm unable to find any way to get power to it...Are there cables from the PS that I'm just not seeing, or are there power connectors on the MB to plug into? (sorry I can't help you with your 1070 problem, but I haven't even determined how to install my Nvidia 1060 yet)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation