cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Ghost Clicks

HP Recommended
HP Envy All in One (27 p019)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dears,

Since yesterday my desktop is making unexpected clicks and click-and-holds at the location of the mouse curser (in unpredictive frequency, ca. all 2-10 seconds). I tried several things to fix this:

- Restart the PC

- check all cable connections

- unplug every attached device (mouse and keyboard) to drill down to the root cause device. Clicks occurred no matter which device was unplugged, even when all were unplugged.

- disable the touchscreen driver to rule out the ghost click issue of HP  touch screens.

So far no improvement.

thanks for your swift response,

Michael

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,154 30,104 2,495 3,765
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Michael_HPUSer,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

As I understand you've been troubled with the unpredicted clicks on your AIO computer and here are a few steps that you could do: Click here (let's start with the basics)

Normally the hard reset would fix this issue, in case it hasn't you may click here

Please access the Bios screen using F10 during restart and check if the touch screen works properly if it doesn't it would be a hardware malfunction and you will need to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher,

Thanks for the support!

Yesterday I checked several reported cases of automatic, repeated left clicks caused by any windows settings. All turned out negative. I also ran several virus scans to exclude this possibility. At last, I performed a full reset of windows. However, the problem persists. 

Today, I tried the hard reset you mentioned: no improvement. I am willing to check the F10 option, but I need some more information about how to check if the touch screen functions properly. What exactly does that mean?

Regards, 

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,154 30,104 2,495 3,765
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Michael_HPUSer,

Thank you for replying!

I recommend you follow the below steps, to identify any hardware failures:

Perform UEFI Hardware Diagnostics tests to detect problems with the notebook touch screen hardware.

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen displays, click Component Tests.

5. Click Touch Screen.

6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Start by clicking Touch Pointer Test.

7. Read the on-screen instructions, then click Run once.

8. Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after all blocks are erased or after three minutes have passed, and results are displayed.

9. Click Main menu to return to the main UEFI screen and run the second touch screen test.

10. Click Component Tests, then click Touch Screen.

11. Click Drag And Drop Test.

12. Read the on-screen instructions, then click Run once.

13. Drag and drop the blocks according to the directions on the screen. The test ends after all blocks are repositioned or after three minutes have passed, and results are displayed.

For Further details, please click here.

Keep me posted!

​​​​​​​Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation