cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Google Calendar not showing on Outlook.com

HP Recommended

I hope this is the right forum. It does say it's for games and software. I've already been called once for asking in the wrong place. When you've come from 7 years of XP this Windows 8 seems like a different culture and language. I have gotten the Outlook.com ( online not within Windows 8 ) to mirror my Gmail contacts correctly. When I go to the command bar above and click on Calendar I see 3 listed Jack's Calendar ( which I would have expected would show what the Google Calendar does but it doesn't? ) and a Holiday Calendar and one other.

So why is not my Google Calendar with it's events not showing on Jacks Calendar within Outlook.com as they should?

All help is greatly appreciated. jack  :manfrustrated:

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,351 86,233 10,967 23,559
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JackdaShack wrote:

.... So why is not my Google Calendar with it's events not showing on Jacks Calendar within Outlook.com as they should? ...

Hi,

HP has nothing to do with Google and Outlook.com. Are you talking abouth this ?

http://www.techspot.com/news/51129-google-drops-gmail-outlook-sync-support-microsoft-surprised.html

Hope this explains why.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

@JackdaShack wrote:

.... So why is not my Google Calendar with it's events not showing on Jacks Calendar within Outlook.com as they should? ...

Hi,

http://www.techspot.com/news/51129-google-drops-gmail-outlook-sync-support-microsoft-surprised.html

Hope this explains why.

I had come across that actually in those often frantic searches to find answers. But I took note to this last paragraph there, and should this mean anything positive for me since my Outlook.com was switced from a Hotmail account. I should mention that to this point I am using Outlook.com on the web, not within a MS user account on Win8.  Should that make a difference?  Here is that paragraph .....

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Microsoft has taken this opportunity to push its Outlook web-based email service (formerly known as Hotmail) which, of course, supports Exchange ActiveSync. Microsoft claims it was "very surprised" by Google's maneuver and took its blog swinging, touting the supposed advantages of EAS over IMAP and POP. "Really want to do some winter cleaning? Switch to Outlook.com for the best email experience across all your devices" the post says.

So do I have this Exchange ActiveSync at this point?  Thanks so much!   jack   :manindifferent:

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JackdaShack wrote:

@banhien wrote:

@JackdaShack wrote:

Hi,

Hope this explains why.

I had come across that actually in those often frantic searches to find answers. But I took note to this last paragraph there, and should this mean anything positive for me since my Outlook.com was switced from a Hotmail account. I should mention that to this point I am using Outlook.com on the web, not within a MS user account on Win8.  Should that make a difference?  Here is that paragraph .....

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Microsoft has taken this opportunity to push its Outlook web-based email service (formerly known as Hotmail) which, of course, supports Exchange ActiveSync. Microsoft claims it was "very surprised" by Google's maneuver and took its blog swinging, touting the supposed advantages of EAS over IMAP and POP. "Really want to do some winter cleaning? Switch to Outlook.com for the best email experience across all your devices" the post says.

So do I have this Exchange ActiveSync at this point?  Thanks so much!   jack   :manindifferent:

I apologize I didn't give all the details above.  I am not trying to sync with Outlook client. I am wanting Outlook.com on the webs to see my Google Calendar on the web. The article seems to be dealing with Google Calendar syncing with Outlook client?  Sorry if I am misreading the article.  Thanks for hanging in here for me.  jack

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation