Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (3,522 Views)
Accepted Solution

Google Chrome doesn't open on my desktop

Product name: HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC

Product number: E7Z34UA#ABA

Windows 8.1 64-bit 

When in my desktop, if I click on the Google Chrome icon on the taskbar, the website is displayed in a separate screen by itself instead of on my desktop. On this separate screen, in the lower left hand corner there are two icons: Apps icon and Google Chrome icon. In Vista the Google Chrome  would display the website on my desktop and I could create a shortcut to the website just by dragging the internet address to my desktop. With this separate screen, I can't create a shortcut to the website.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Google Chrome doesn't open on my desktop

Thanks for the solution. It worked.

It is interesting that the 3rd screen is called a Modern UI by Microsoft.

View solution in context
Tutor
Message 2 of 5 (3,498 Views)

If I understand correctly, it sounds like your Chrome is opening in windows 8 mode.  Try going to your Chrome menu button (3 horizontal bars on the top right corner) and select  "Relaunch Chrome on the desktop"

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (3,492 Views)

Thanks for the solution. It worked.

It is interesting that the 3rd screen is called a Modern UI by Microsoft.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (2,969 Views)

I cannot get into google chrome.  It will not  download.  I also can't get into my e-mails.  When I hit the logo for google nothin g comes that says g-mail

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (2,966 Views)

I do not have 3 horizontal bars in the upper right hand corner

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation