cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IUALUM83 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphic Card Upgrade

HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1160 D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would like to upgrade my graphics card and whatever else that is required .   The PC has a Intel Core i5 2400, motherboard supports Intel Core i7-2xxx (Sandy Bridge) according to the original documentation.   PC will be used predominantly for gaming and video; there are two monitors currently being used.  Need a Long Term fix.

Suggestions on my options?  Or would be better to just upgrade to a newer PC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
44,894 40,581 4,391 11,354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphic Card Upgrade

Your PC is a slimline PC .

They are notorious for being the worst candidates for upgrades.  

Your slimline PC was delivered with a 270 W PSU.

Upgrading the PSU to 400 Watts is not a viable option.

A PSU of 400 W or more that has six or 8 pin PCIe power connectors is a base requirement for gaming video cards  

If you want to Game with a desktop PC and a Video card capable of supporting 3 three or more displays, then it is time to get a full sized desktop PC.  

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation