Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp slimline 410-009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been experincing some graphical issues while trying to play games, particularly Hearthstone. I went to their custumer service and they had me run DxDiag and told me that i was having issues in my kernal? I don't know what that means. This is the line that they referenced:

Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_igdkmd64.sys_GEN7.5_0_BBHANG, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Please let me know what I need to do.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello watt2

Your PC shipped with Windows 10.

When did this start happening?

Windows 10 may have recently updated the Intel graphics driver. I can only guess. Windows 10 driver updates sometimes mess things up.

Try installing the HP approved Intel graphics driver, sp72298.exe, that is found at your PC's HP Support site.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, my PC was shipped with Windows 10.

I do not remember when it first started happening, there have been issues for a while, but I haven't been using my PC for gaming for about a month and a half as I was really busy. So it could have happend anywhere during that time or before.

I have already tried installing that driver. It doesn't help. That driver was last updated in 2015.

HP Recommended

Hello watt2

Have you run Microsoft's System File Checker?

It may be able to fix corrupted system files.

No luck with this action and no updated Intel graphics driver does not bode well. 

You can sometimes update the Intel graphics driver at Intel site. But HP sometimes modifies the hardware ID's so it is not possible to update with newer Intel drivers.

You have a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot on the MB. Add a graphics card to get better gameplay. You will have space limits and your power supply is 180 watts.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I tried the sfc twice, both stopped on 42% and said the following:
windows resource protection could not preform the requested operation.

Also, I tried doing the intel driver update, but it said it wasn't compatable.

HP Recommended

Hello watt2

Have never seen SFC stop with that error message. Have you run any boot time hardware diagnostics? Sometimes a failing HDD or memory problems can cause strange things.

Is your system malware free?

I suspected the Intel driver install would fail.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I did infact have some malware. I feel stupid for not checking that sooner. Though clearing that and restarting my PC did not solve my issues. I still can't get past 42%

HP Recommended

Hello watt2

Did you run HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostic tests?

It might be a good idea to run an offline malware scan using a bootable CD/DVD or USB stick.

Kaspersky, Norton A-V, and BitDefender offer free bootable rescue scanners. You could still have hard to remove malware in your PC.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I ran that test and came up with some errors. I googled the errors and followed some instructions that suggested restorying my computer to factory settings. I did that and it seems to have worked. Thanks for all your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.