Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 5 (257 Views)
Accepted Solution

Graphics Card Compatibility

Hello,

What I would like to find out is; will my motherboard's PSI-e x16 input slot be compatible with a PCI-e 2.0 or 2.1 card. I know it can only be one or the other. I'll provide a link with my Mainboards information: http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/pegatron-2a6c-corporati...

This is the card I'd like: http://www.amazon.com/XFX-HD-677X-ZNFR-Edition-Dual-Lin...

If it is not compatible I would much appreciate if you could suggest a different card around 100$ price range I would be most appreciative.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Graphics Card Compatibility

I know,

did you know how inexpensive PSU's are? A 750W for 80$, cheap? Plus I have a 400W I never got around to swapping.

My PSU isn't as much of my concerns as whether or not it is compatible. Other people have taught me recently that a PCIe-x16 is outdated and that a 2.0/2.1/3.0 would work anyway. They would be backwards compatible. They also recommended a video card that can draw off of 400W AND play games like Bf3 while being bottlenecked. So, are you inexperienced in this field or something? Why can't you explain the whole story like my friends did? Shame shame sir.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

Hi,

We need to know your machine, because we need to know few things including its power supply. Please let us know what is it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
Message 3 of 5 (241 Views)

Well,

The powersupply is a 300W (I don't think it's 80+ so yeah, more of a reason to upgrade).

The main board has 2 PCIe x1 slots and 1 PCI-e x16 slot and a single PCI slot.

I have a 400W in a old rig at a friends also. 

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (220 Views)

Hi,

Sorry, you don't supply the machine model, I can't say any more.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
Message 5 of 5 (210 Views)

I know,

did you know how inexpensive PSU's are? A 750W for 80$, cheap? Plus I have a 400W I never got around to swapping.

My PSU isn't as much of my concerns as whether or not it is compatible. Other people have taught me recently that a PCIe-x16 is outdated and that a 2.0/2.1/3.0 would work anyway. They would be backwards compatible. They also recommended a video card that can draw off of 400W AND play games like Bf3 while being bottlenecked. So, are you inexperienced in this field or something? Why can't you explain the whole story like my friends did? Shame shame sir.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation