cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SteveCapouch
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Graphics Card Install

p6627c(ABA)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade my HP pavilion desktop graphic to AMD Radeon R7240 Graphics Card?. I followed the instruction in the Manual but it doesn't seen to Register in the Device Manager when it is installed. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 358 763
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Graphics Card Install

Hello @SteveCapouch,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how you are attempting to upgrade the graphics card for your desktop computer, and I would be happy to help you in this matter!

According to the product specifications for your desktop, the maximum settings that your system can support for a new grpahics card are as follows:

• PCI Express x16 (Generation 1) Expansion slot
  • Power Supply 250w

The AMD Radeon R7 240 card you have installed is a PCI Express x17 (Generation 3.0), which is not compatible with the PCI bus on the motherboard.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
SteveCapouch
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Graphics Card Install

I replaced the AMD R7 240 it was defective with a AMD R5 220 works good now. Thanks a Lot.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation