cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SteveCapouch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Graphics Card Install

p6627c(ABA)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade my HP pavilion desktop graphic to AMD Radeon R7240 Graphics Card?. I followed the instruction in the Manual but it doesn't seen to Register in the Device Manager when it is installed. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
8,366 6,290 358 763
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Graphics Card Install

Hello @SteveCapouch,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how you are attempting to upgrade the graphics card for your desktop computer, and I would be happy to help you in this matter!

According to the product specifications for your desktop, the maximum settings that your system can support for a new grpahics card are as follows:

• PCI Express x16 (Generation 1) Expansion slot
  • Power Supply 250w

The AMD Radeon R7 240 card you have installed is a PCI Express x17 (Generation 3.0), which is not compatible with the PCI bus on the motherboard.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
SteveCapouch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Graphics Card Install

I replaced the AMD R7 240 it was defective with a AMD R5 220 works good now. Thanks a Lot.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation