Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy Phoenix 810-150ea

Hello I have the HP envy phoenix 810-150ea with an Nvidia geforce gtx 770 graphics card. What are my options for upgrading, can the pc take a second high end graphics card or do I need to upgrade the current card?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You will not be able to run two graphics cards in your PC (SLI or Crossfire).

Most of the newer graphics cards will work in your PC. Your PC has a 600 watt power supply which is excellent.

Open up your PC and do some measuring inside so you know how much room you have for a new graphics card. While the PC is open, take note of the available PCIe auxiliary power connectors.

The NVIDIA GTX 1070 would be a noticeable improvement compared to the GTX 770.  The NVIDIA GTX 980TI would also be a very good choice.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

This is the product specs for my pc. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-810-100-Desktop-PC-series/5399342/model/6846599/...

Question 1) If it can't run 2 graphics cards at once what does this mean (power supply section): PCI-E power connector (for high-end video cards): 2. It also says on Motherboard description I have an expansion PCI express X16 slot - what does this mean.

Question 2) Also my computer has the C drive (107GB), recovery drive (D) 10.1GB and a data drive (E) 1.81TB, could I install and run games from either of the second two drives and they would function as normal?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.