Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Graphics card isn't working.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1213c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just purchased the GTX 960 for my computer but it doesn't seem to be working.

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: h8-1213c
Motherboard: pegatron 2ad5
cpu: i7
Trying to upgrade from: GT 620
Power supply: 460W

Everytime I try installing the new graphics card the computer screen goes to a black screen after the HP splash screen as well as the motherboard making 3 beeps.
I've gone into the BIOS but I don't see an area for detecting graphics cards, I even called in my tech savvy boyfriend to look into the BIOS but he also could not find the graphic card detection.

I've temporarily switched back to the GT 620 card so that I can use my computer for now.

What could be causing the problem and is there a solution?

Thanks so much in advance!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a connector to supply extra power to the graphics card?  My GTX 750 Ti does nothing useful if no power is supplied to its extra  power connector.

Highlighted
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just checked this page of the GTX 960 specs:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-960/specifications

Nvidia's design includes TWO 6-pin extra power connectors, and you probably need to supply power to both of them.

It also includes multiple connectors for attaching one or more monitors - have you tried all of them in case it selects the wrong one by mistake?

Support for some of the most recent Nvidia-based graphics card was only recently added to the driver, so you may need to install the latest version of the driver before  installing the new video card:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My fiance told me it may be because the manufacturer of the card I bought is Zotac, not Nvidia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Generally, several manufacturers make each card, but they're only allowed to call it by Nvidia's card name if they use an Nvidia GPU and follow Nvidia's card design fairly well.

For my GTX 750 ti, I found that it did not come with any information on how to tell it to switch the output to the VGA connector.  However, since both the card and the monitor had DVI-D connectors as well, I decided that it was easier to order a DVI-D cable than to find that information.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation