cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics card issue

HP Compaq dc7800p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have HP Compaq dc7800p small form Factory DC 7800ps9/e6550/80hnd
I'm trying to purchase a graphics card for my PC I recently purchased one but it did not fit my computer I wanted to know if there was a specific graphics card I have to purchase and what is it?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,167 107,348 17,000 26,036
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics card issue

Hi:

You are pretty limited with what graphics cards you can install in that model because of the 240 W power supply.

I recommend either of these cards for your PC:

1. AMD Radeon HD 6450 low profile.

2. nVidia GT 610 low profile.

Either of these cards will work with the 240W power supply your PC has, as they both draw less than 30 Watts of power.

Make sure you buy a card that is low profile, and that it comes with the low profile mounting brackets in the box.

Remember to first uninstall the Intel video adapter and driver in the device manager and shut down the PC before installing a new video card.

After you install the new video card, if it has an HDMI port (most of them do nowadays), you will need to go into the advanced BIOS settings, find the onboard audio setting.

It will be set to disabled.  Change the setting to enabled.  Save the setting there, and again when you exit the BIOS and the onboard audio will be restored.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation