Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

Graphics card upgrade

Product Name: p7-1003w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my grahpics card to support 3 monitors, what cards can I purchase?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: Graphics card upgrade

Lettng me know what kind of budget you have for the upgrade would be a plus.

You will need a card that supports legacy BIOS.

Sapphiretechnology makes cards that support legacy and EFI BIOS.

A card such as the Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R7 2G D5 would work.  A Sapphire Tri-X Radeon R9 390X 8G will as well.There are others, but the card  you select as a candidate has to have legacy BIOS support .

A card with only EFI support will not boot with your motherboard.  GeForce GTX 10xx series cards have only EFI BIOS support.

You will also need to upgrade your ATX PSU to one with 400W or more capacity and PCIe power connectors. I suggest usng a modular style PSU, perhaps a Corsair Builder PSU like the one in the link at NewEgg.com

You can show appreciation or say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs up + in the purple box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or question answered, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

I am a volunteer, not an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation