cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
maxtanki
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Green screen crash

HP Recommended
870-095na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so I got a new hp omen 870-095na desktop and every so often while I am playing my games; its only happend while ive been playing War Thunder. My screen turns green and I have to restart my pc to fix it. it is just a plain green screen, with no writing on. I am using my tv as my monitor at the moment with a hdmi cable, I wonder if that is it. could you please tell me why this happens and what I can do to stop it happening again. i downloaded a program and my GPU is a AMD radeon R9 200 series and while i play War Thunder it runs at 67 degres celcius.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> My screen turns green and I have to restart my pc to fix it. it is just a plain green screen, with no writing.

If you disconnect the HDMI cable from your computer, does your TV "default" to a similar green-screen, when there is no "input" being received?

If so, then I think that either the video-card has failed, or the computer has "frozen".

If "brand-new", contact HP Support for trouble-shooting, if that is the original video-card that came with the computer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation