Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy H8-1430
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a small computer repair business. I got this 1430 heavily infected with viruses. I got it completely clean, and tuned it up. It was running perfectly as I removed junkware. I decided to restart one last time before returning it to the customer because I was impressed by the Win10 startup time. The lights stayed on but nothing happened. No POST, no video signal, no HDD activity indicator. I'm running on a UPS for consistent power.

What I've done - swapped video cable and method (DVI, HDMI), swapped monitor, reseated memory, tried no memory, reseated video card, unplugged all internal devices such as DVDRW and HDD. So far no luck at all. Still no POST no video, no beeps. Lights and fans are on. Then I tried another video card, a different PSU of equal ratings. I tried CMOS reset via jumpers using HP instruction. (I could not find information that matched my mainboard dealing with the ROM jumper.)  Since this happend I have not seen a single character on the screen. The case is clean inside and visual inspections pass.

I was reading in the forums and I started to feel like what I was experiencing was a BIOS related issue. If not, then it's a motherboard issue. I did not attempt to upgrade the BIOS as I don't do that unless nessesary.

Mainboard IPMMB-FM

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you a HP certified service partner?

Did you use a motherboard tester to test the motherboard? Did you use a commercially rated power supply tester to test the power supply?

This suggestion may work if the Intel processor is not a "p" model.  There are many processors listed for the "formosa" motherboard.  Remove the graphics card and plug a known good cable using a known good monitor into the on board video connector. 

I would also suggest that you try another graphics card that is "UEFI" rated.

Thanks for posting on the forum.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks Big Dave.

I'm not HP certified. I've been fixing all makes for about 10 years. Rather than test the PSU, I used a new unit I had in stock. Power rating equivilant. I will test the original tonight. It's a 460W. I don't have a motherboard tester but

I'm in the market for one.

The video card is a Pegatron and the case is stickered Nvidia. I don't know at this point if the owner swapped video cards or not or if the Pegatron is Nvidia powered. I tried both onboard DVI ports and still no POST, no signal. Monitor scans for signal then goes to sleep. Monitor and cables proven working. I don't know if the onboard video is enabled in the BIOS because I can't get into it, or at least I can't see if I'm in it. Sometimes it reboots automatically and other times it might turn itself off and back on again. \o/ The rest of the time is stays on.

Running Intel i5

Thanks again Big Dave, I'll keep at it.

HP Recommended

Anybody else wanna take a shot at this? Feels like a premature HP hardware failure so far. Can't get a POST with three different video cards or onboard video.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Ok great thanks

HP Recommended

Hi bloated, I've got the exact same issue. Have you resolved yours in the end? Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.