Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HDCP Compliance Issue, Everything is Compliant Though???

HP Recommended

I am having a issue playing Blu Ray disks. I continue to get a HDCP compliance error everytime I try to play a Blu Ray video.  I am using arcsoft TMT6 on windows 7. I checked to make sure my monitor and video card are both HDCP compliant, and they both are. I used to be able to watch Blu Ray movies, and I'm not sure what changed, or why I cant watch them now. Also, I used cyberlink BluRay advisor and it said my "software player was not found" and "video connection type is digital without HDCP". Those are the only two problems found. I have a HP 2310 series wide lcd display and have a ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card, and am using a HDMI cable to the monitor. Can someone please help me with this. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,809 5,043
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Eric,

The Cyberlink BD Advisor only look for a Cyberlink BD software player.  You might very well have a perfectly good BD HDCP certified software player and Cyberlink won't indicate that you have it.  Your non-Cyberlink BD player might need updating to play the new BD titles.

The other issue might be a loose or faulty HDMI cable, a bad video card, corrupted video driver or a monitor problem.

Power off the PC and monitor. Check the cables for tightness.  Be sure that you monitor has only one video connection and that it is a HDMI cable. Now try a monitor reset by unplugging the monitor's power cord and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. 

If you still have issues then try reinstalling the video card driver or installing the latest AMD driver from the AMD web site.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation