Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
98centsshort Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI in not working on HP ENVY Recline 23-k121

HP ENVY Recline 23-k121
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using HDMI In and pressing the HDMI In button on the bottom of the all-in-one, I get this error message:

Display Tune Exception

Exception caught:

Method:  ProcessScalarButtons

Parameters: OSDPanelType key, Ulnt32 scancode, Int32 lparam

Class: product.OSDManager

Exception:

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.

I reinstalled Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers. No difference. I uninstalled "HP My Display TouchSmart" from Control Panel. The error message went away, but now there is no response at all when trying to connect to an HDMI device. I re-installed from Portrait Displays, Inc., but still no results. Why doesn't HP have this software on their website?!

Also, the audio jack is not working properly. When plugged in, the computer speakers still play, as well as the headphones.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17842 17794 1442 2467
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@98centsshort

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}
I'll be glad to help you :)

As I understand the HDMI is not working on your HP ENVY Recline 23-k121,

Don't you worry, You and I will work together and ensure you aren't 98centshort anymore :P ;)

In fact, here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here 

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have tried the advice in the post you mentioned and, after I uninstalled the My Display software, the error message no longer shows. However, after reinstalling it simply does not respond to the button.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17842 17794 1442 2467
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@98centsshort

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time in performing the steps suggested on the link I shared earlier and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have taken my time with the information provided in that post. I have spent time making sure I found the right software to reinstall, but still to no avail. It seems the exact HP My Display software is no longer available?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2342
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @98centsshort,

I reviewed the post. I have here a link for HP My display software for windows 8.1.

• Please check if it installs in windows 10.
  • Then try to run the app and check if it works.
  • If it does not, try to run it in compatibility mode for windows 8.1 and check again. 

Finally, uninstall it and install it in compatibility mode for window 8.1  and check again.

Link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_140210_1&swEnvOid=4158

Link to run programs in compatibility mode for windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible 

Link 3: has screenshots for running programs in compatibility mode: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/set-compatibility-mode-windows-10

Please note that the last link is a third party link. Please do not click on any link, image, ad or download or anywhere else on the page. It is only for checking the screenshots.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :)  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  :)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

Happy holidays to you and your family. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation