cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chdiamo Tutor
Tutor
15 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI input erases desktop icons

23cw Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When I input HDMI on my new 23cw Hp monitor, all  the desktop icons vanish. Only the wallpaper appears with the Windows 7 icon showing in the middle. Any ideas how to get the HDMI output socket on the back of the computer going to one of the two HDMI input sockets on the back of the monitor to work? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
229 228 19 38
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @chdiamo,

Welcome back to the Support Forum Community!

I came across your post about your Pavilion 23cw monitor not displaying your whole desktop area and wanted to help!

If you haven't already tried you can use the auto adjust option from the front panel of the monitor (page 9 in the user guide). It should not matter which HDMI port you connect to with this monitor as they are typically universal communication ports.

It is possible that your computer system has a different screen resolution selected than what is compatible with the monitor. By changing the resolution to a higher setting this should shrink the desktop and icons down to fit on the display. The recommended setting for this monitor is 1920 x 1080.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
chdiamo Tutor
Tutor
15 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Blitzgaming. Thank you for responding to my question. The resolution is set to what you mention and is the Hp recommended resolution. It made no difference. This seems to be a common complaint with other devices and HDMI. Not seeing any on my specific monitor issue, I decided to post the question. There is some kind of trick with HDMI that I have yet to discover. Hopefully someone out there stumbled upon the answer by chance.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
229 228 19 38
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @chdiamo,

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue!

Since I'm not sure which type of graphics card your computer uses, this document may help with making adjustments to the graphics card software (NVIDIA & ATI). If you are using a different graphics card and need those steps, please let me know and I'll try to find the steps for you.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation