cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tracy1105 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP !!! keyboard problems

HP Pavilion x2 - 10-j000nd

Hello,

So i accidentally poured water on my device and used the oppurnity to clean it. after cleaning, i realised that the moused pad and keyboard were not working so i tried taking the tablet off it and putting it back on but the keyboard and mouse would stop working after 1 minute and then totally stopped working. i looked up solutions on internet and found that i could uninstall and install back later so i unstalled my keyboard and i have no idea how to retrieve it.

My questions are:

Do i have to buy another keyboard and is it available ?

If i dont need to buy one, how do i get it working again ?

please help,

Tracy

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9279 9144 874 2612
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP !!! keyboard problems

Hello Tracey,

Usually, if you spill water into a keyboard, it wont hurt it as long as you completely dry it out first.

That may take a few days of sitting out in a warm spot until all the water evaporates.

If you tried to use it with water still inside, who knows what may of happened. It is possible that its damaged now.

You didnt say how you uninstalled the keyboard but I will assume you used the Device Manager to uninstall the driver.

IF so, when you restart the tablet, the driver would reinstall itself.

It sounds more likely if the keyboard stopped working completely after the water spill, its damaged.

You can contact HP support directly for questions on warranty or about purchasing a new keyboard.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation