Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PAVILION 500-524NL
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi.

The motherboard is a MS-7906 VER. 2.0 SSID 2B35

In May 14 we agreed to install the bios suggested by the system.

After the automatic installation, the computer began to restore the bios infinitely.

Starts with 8 beeps, blu window Bios Recovery (500), Bios Recovery, Bios Verify... all seems correct but at the restart 
everything resumes as a infinite loop.

In the last 2 week I spent a lot of time for this issue. 

I contacted the technical support at phone and we did a lot of live tests and they have to let me know.

I hope someone can help me.

The problem is that in May 14 HP has released a wrong bios version: A0.08.

After a few days the version was not again downloadable...

I have now 4 USB pendrive with firmware for SSID 2B35:

A0.08 (incredible because now you can't download it but in May 14/15 you could...)

A0.07

With method WINDOW+B only pendrive with A0.08 firmware work and go to recovery the bios but the final effect is the same described at the top. Other pendrive does nothing. I believe the system does not accept a lower firmware.

How can I fix it? Can I tell the computer that version A0.07 is a "new" version? Is there anything I can do on the hard disk (I think the bios A0.08 was also put there when it was installed)?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thank you. HP informed me last friday that they will kindly repair the pc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Try this  process to rollback to earlier version of BIOS.

1-Immediately after powering on hold/tap the Esc key.

2-When the menu appears, tap F2 for System Diagnostics.

3-In the list of items will be BIOS or Firmware Management.Use the arrow key to move down & highlight it.Press Enter key.

4-You should now have a Rollback BIOS option.Use arrow key again to highlight and press Enter key.

If it doesn't work all you can do is wait for HP to release another BIOS update to replace the evidently faulty A0.08.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Thank you. HP informed me last friday that they will kindly repair the pc.
HP Recommended

Great news!

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.